Sunday, May 5, 2013

My First Resume

I stumbled upon a great resource, Career Activities Book, published by the Texas Workforce Commission.  There are a variety of activities to help students understand the concept of self-knowledge, the development of a basic understanding of interests, likes and dislikes and how to interact with others. The various activities are also designed to raise awareness of the relationship between work and learning, the awareness of how work relates to the needs and functions of society and the interrelationship of life roles. The elementary grades are a good time to introduce the importance of personal responsibility and good work habits and the benefits of educational achievement. 

 
In fourth and fifth grade we completed 2 self-inventories to learn about the "Work Environment" that would be a good fit for us and our current "Work Habits."


Then we used the information from these 2 inventories to create our first resume.  I showed students a copy of mine and how it "brags" about all of my accomplishments.  
Here are some student examples: 




3 comments:

  1. Jaclyn, can you email me the two self-inventories and the resume please? Patricia_Quintero@roundrockisd.org

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you click the link above labeled "Career Activities Book" at the beginning of the blog entry, it will take you to a downloadable pdf packet that has both of the interest inventories in it. Enjoy! :)

      Delete
  2. I can't remember where I found the "My First Resume" document, but check out my pinterest page for more career ideas: https://www.pinterest.com/jaconamac/counseling-career/

    ReplyDelete