Monday, March 2, 2015

Teamwork & Sportsmanship

In second grade we worked on teamwork and sportsmanship this week.  By introducing this topic early, I hope to be preventative in the increasing number of playground conflicts that happen as they develop.  I found this great video that shows 3 different examples of teamwork:


We brainstormed ideas that we saw in the video.  How did the animals show teamwork?  How did the animals show great sportsmanship in their challenges?  How can we show these skills when we're playing with each other or learning in the classroom?


After our discussion, we played one of my favorite games, Transformation Rock Paper Scissors!  I recently played this with third grade, you can check it out here.  I can't take all of the credit, I stumbled across this fun game here.  

I left a few minutes at the end of the lesson to process how we each did with teamwork and sportsmanship.  What went well?  What do we need to work on for next time?  Are there any rules we should take out or add to make the game more successful?

No comments:

Post a Comment