Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Bucket Filling from A to Z


Last year I read Have You Filled a Bucket Today? by Carol McCloud to many of my classes.  This year I found a great sequel to expand on the idea, Bucket Filling from A to Z by Carol McCloud.


I usually introduce bucket filling at the beginning of the school year to promote community, however this year I thought it would be a great reinforcement during Random Acts of Kindness Week.  This video is a great summary of how bucket filling works...



Inspired by fellow counselor and friend, Sheila Wessels, I used Bucket Filling from A to Z to get our students thinking about what they can do to be bucket fillers.  I found colorful foam letters that students glued to heavy white construction paper to spell out their names.  Then they created an acrostic to describe different ways to be kind using each of the letters in their names.  I was overly impressed by how creative and thoughtful they were!




No comments:

Post a Comment