Lee Elementary is committed to providing every student with an environment that is safe and where all students feel included, this year we are excited to introduce the
No Place for Hate® is an initiative developed by the Anti-Defamation League, one of the nation’s largest civil rights/human relations organizations. The initiative provides a model for creating a more inclusive school environment. No Place for Hate® incorporates new and existing programs with one consistent message and connects our school to a larger initiative taking place in other schools across the region and nation. The program affords schools the opportunity to become designated as No Place for Hate® by making a commitment to completing the following steps through the course of the school year:
- Establish a No Place for Hate® Coalition or “club” comprised of faculty, administrators, parents and students to spearhead the program.
- Adopt the No Place for Hate® Resolution affirming a commitment to respect for diversity.
- Complete a minimum of three projects during the school year that promote respect for diversity and/or address bias, bullying and name-calling.
The projects we worked on last year were Random Acts of Kindness Week, No NameCalling Week and the planning of our “Only One You” rock garden that is currently being completed. We encourage you to discuss this exciting project with your child. As part of No Place for Hate® each child will be asked to sign a Resolution of Respect, committing to being respectful and supportive to others. Elementary students will be committing to the following:
- I promise to do my best to treat everyone fairly
- I promise to do my best to be kind to everyone - even if they are not like me
- If I see someone being hurt or bullied I will report it to an adult
- Everyone should be able to feel safe and happy at school
- I want our school to be No Place for Hate®
To learn more about or get involved with No Place for Hate® at Lee Elementary, please contact Jaclyn Sepp. To learn more about the initiative, please visit: www.noplaceforhate.org and click “Austin.” Together we can make our community a safe and welcoming space for all.